SCAM- don't fall for this ad, 2008 STA for $11,500. !!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Gerner 2

Reaction score
Here's the link to the ad====Apparently from what being said it's a scam so don't respond to this ad.

2008 Ford Explorer Sport Adrenalin Limited production 4.6 liter V8 Automatic Transmission Only 6,239 miles The exterior is straight as an arrow The interior is just as immaculate!

:supercool::eek:nline::driving:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
BS scam. The pictures were probably copied from somewhere else on the internet, like CarDomain.

Contact the seller and you'll probably get the standard bull-squeeze story about them being out of town/country, and that a third party will handle the transaction and ship the Trac to you...:banghead:

Google this:

"2008 Ford Explorer Sport Adrenalin Limited production" (Advanced Search, for exact phrase.)

This guy has this posted all over everywhere...

Ok, wasn't sure if it was good or not. A buddy of mine just bought a 2007 F-350 fully loaded $60k truck off a contractor who was hurting for money for $13k. Times are hard and the deals are out there, just never know.

I seen this same ad months ago on Craigslist. This particular ad (scam) has been mentioned here before and it's clearly too good of a deal. The same ad keeps making the rounds thorough Craiglist listings countless times. They all are from different cities all over the U.S., just like Dave's Google results shows. Apparently "Suckers" are still biting so they just keep repeating the same ad to get more "Fish". Too bad Craigslist doesn't at least police the obvious scam ads that just keep reappearing like this one.

So I emailed the seller and got the this response...the typical scam response...LOL

Hi,

Thank you for being interested in buying my 2008 Ford Explorer with 6,200 miles, Automatic Transmission, VIN: 1FMEU33828UB11792. It is in EXCELLENT condition; the body and paint are great, no scratches and no dents; the interior is clean; it has never been involved in an accident; the title is clear.

My final price on it is US 11,500 $.

I just got divorced and I decided to move closer to my parents. Right now I'm located in Canada and the car is here with me. The car was awarded to me in our divorce. Being a single mother and not having a driver's license I decided to sell the car. As I'm unable to travel in the near future and I don't have anyone to help me with the sale I decided to make this transaction through a eBay. I believe this protects both buyer and seller and it's the right way to do this.

So don't get me wrong and don't take it personally but I would prefer to secure the deal through a 3rd party. Also because the car will be shipped from Canada to US I prefer to work with a third party in order to keep the both of us safe in this deal. I will be assured you will buy the car and you will be assured that you will receive it! Basically the money will be sent to them and they will keep the money until you will receive the car and only after you will inspect and drive the car they will forward the money to me.

If you have other questions feel free to email.

Regards, Susan

Of course I sent response saying I would be happy to fly up to Canada and pay in US dollars or Candian dollars in person. I also asked for a phone number.

We will see where this goes.

I saw a similar ad for a 1969 GTX 426 hemi for $7,000. Gorgeous pictures. But we all know what it's worth. Having to be the devils advocate, I pursued it.

I got a variation of the same bs story. The wife lost her husband in a car accident also lived in Canada and needed to sell the car. She was also using a 3rd party due to "lack of time".

I did the same as Red Rush stating I would come up to Canada to see the car & I would arrange shipping. So if she could provide me with the escrow company & their contact info we could proceed.

I sent 4 followups with no replies.

This is an old scam indeed.

Here is the next email I received:

The car is here with me in Grande Cache, Alberta. If we reach an agreement, I am willing to take care of the shipping to your address. Shipping will take 7 days maximum. I have managed to obtain a low cost shipping, only $600 and I presume it would be fair to split the shipping cost so, we'll pay $300 each. Meaning, that the car and the shipping/handling will cost you $11,800. I think this is reasonable.

The sale will be managed by eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program for our own protection as they act as a neutral third part.

eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program will keep the money until you inspect/drive the vehicle.

This is how the Vehicle Purchase Protection Program works:

1. I will contact eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program and give all the info about this deal.

2. They will email us the forms which are needed for our deal.

3. You will send the payment to eBay and they will notify me to ship the vehicle to your location.

4. After you will inspect/drive the vehicle and decide to keep it, eBay will forward me the funds and the deal is done.

Remember you have 7 days to test it. If by any reason the vehicle is not as described or if you find any problems with it I will pay for the returning fees. I'm sure it won't be the case because it's a state of art looking and working vehicle. I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to be sure everything is clarified before any further steps.

If you are interested please let me know your shipping details(name and address) so I can open a transaction case.

Looking forward to hear from you!

And I have replied again...stating I will come to inspect but we could still use Ebay for the money trans action. Told the person I don't trust shipping companies aas I had an issue withone before. We will see what happens next.

Tell them you have family in the next town over...... LOL

Todd Z

Can anyone run a CarFax on this vehicle since the VIN is given? Or better yet, can someone find out where this vehicle is registered and in who's name?

I think it's also suspicious that the vehicle is located in Canada, but it appears on Craigs List in numerous US cities??? At that price it should have sold in Canada within the first 24 hours, so why is it still for sale and why is it not selling in Canada?

...Rich

Latest posts