Scale Suspension

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered from my local ford store. All 4 with nuts for $78. Be here in the morning. Need to get it off the rack. Would have been more but I know a guy that knows a guy. Very helpful friends. I really appreciate your advice and time.

I bought them from ford. I didn’t have the option of waiting on the shipping. Ford had the fronts in stock. Back ones arrived the next morning. I appreciate your help.

A tad late to the party.

I installed the Scale suspension in mine. Went rounds with Scale about how stiff the ride was. The finally sent some softer front coils, but still stiffer than I had hoped. Curious to hear how you like the ride.

Tcobra,
Myself along with many others have went through the same experience with Scale Suspension coils harsh ride. Lucky for you, As one of our forum member put it “Everest has been Climbed”.

I ended up contacting QA1 technical Hotline (Scott), he crunched all the Force Ratios & suspensions dimensions and came up with a nice QA1 coil solution and the ride is pretty awesome and straight forward. Matter a fact I believe member “Shelby Sport Trac” is completing he’s coil Change out in the next few days of not today.

A tad late to the party.

I installed the Scale suspension in mine. Went rounds with Scale about how stiff the ride was. The finally sent some softer front coils, but still stiffer than I had hoped. Curious to hear how you like the ride.
Haven’t gotten it back from the shop yet. I bought the scale suspension. Without the springs. I asked a few questions on here and was guided in the right direction. Bought QA1springs from speedway.

IMG_5360.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5398.jpeg
    IMG_5398.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5399.jpeg
    IMG_5399.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5380.jpeg
    IMG_5380.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5383.jpeg
    IMG_5383.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5790.jpeg
    IMG_5790.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
It’s a great set up / it’s my second set - I tried the mentioned springs and 3 out of 4 actually broke - not a fan and they came from speedway too - this set up is way better as is as long as you spend the time to dial it in - then in the winter - you need to really soften them up because of the Nebraska winters

It’s a great set up / it’s my second set - I tried the mentioned springs and 3 out of 4 actually broke - not a fan and they came from speedway too - this set up is way better as is as long as you spend the time to dial it in - then in the winter - you need to really soften them up because of the Nebraska winters
Hey Supercharged SVT, what is the brake package you have? I'm still running the stock brakes and they suck. Do you have part numbers?

Haven’t gotten it back from the shop yet. I bought the scale suspension. Without the springs. I asked a few questions on here and was guided in the right direction. Bought QA1springs from speedway.
Very interested in hearing how they ride. And, any info you can give so I can change mine at some point.

Tcobra,
You can also checkout tread “GEN2 STA Performance Brakes”, that might give you some options on Upgrading the Brake System. Good luck.

Back at home. A bit closer to the ground. The ride is spot on. And handles like a sports car. Well worth the effort.

Attachments

• IMG_4345.jpeg
    IMG_4345.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts