Saleen Supercharged STA Dyno Videos

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good, Sounds good.... I thought you had exhaust on there, She is quiet !!!

Were there any before numbers ???

Todd Z

Excellent! :supercool:

Carey - if they provided them and it isn't too much trouble, could you post to your library at some point, the dyno sheets including the A\F graph, or send them to me in email. I'm curious about the A\F ratio on your runs to compare to mine... I think mine might be running a little rich. Thanks in advance if possible. :driving:

I'm glad it made it home. Enjoy.

Carey's dyno video sounds very similar to mine, in that the supercharger sound well drowns out the Magnaflow exhaust, especially as the rpm's go up. Though Carey has exhaust dumps (switch), that would probably be louder if opened up (just going by when I heard them a few months ago).

Looks good, Sounds good.... I thought you had exhaust on there, She is quiet !!!

Were there any before numbers ???

Todd Z

I do! It's really loud too! Joe has the full Magnaflow CBE and my custom CBE with Magnaflow muffler is louder still.

I have no idea how to explain it but the exhaust is more quiet than before....

Maybe it's just a mental thing because I'm so focused on the supercharger whine.

I removed my cutout prior to the supercharger install. I don't know how that extra backpressure would effect the cutout motor. I didn't want an exhaust leak while they were tuning the vehicle so I just removed it.

I plan on cleaning it and re-installing it later today.

No problem on the AFR. Thanks for passing along the Saleen.com clip. I tend to really butcher explaining the design of this unit when asked. The video is to the point. :driving:

Looking at the pictures tube looks like intake rear can be taken apart and changed.

Look at the picture again, and note that the throttle body is at the front center of the supercharger. On the OEM Trac upper intake plenum, the TB is offset towards the driver's side. So the intake tube on this CAI might be too short to work with an OEM TB/Intake plenum.

Cool,

Would love to see the numbers and a nice 1/4 mile track run !!!

( then i can take the vids and say its my truck !!.... LOL... HAHAH)

Todd Z

Latest posts