Safe, Portable Garage heater?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on a heater for my garage. My garage isn't that big. It's a one car. I use it more as a shop than a garage. It's not insulated.

I want to continue doing projects in my garage over the winter but man...it's freakin cold in there!

I'm thinking a non-electric portable heater is the way to go. Doesn't need to really heat the entire space but just my primary workbench area.

I prefer something that won't ignite fumes or stuff like that.

Any ideas?

I had this one installed in my garage

http://www.amazon.com/Dimplex-DGWH4031-4000-Watt-Garage-Workshop/dp/B00064NURU/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1355413421&sr=1-1&keywords=Dimplex+DGWH4031+4000-Watt+Garage%2FWorkshop+Heater

It is electric , but doesnt hit the utility bill to bad. I have a 12 x 25 garage and it keeps the garage toasty during the new england winters. So much so that some times I have to take off my long sleeve shirt. I have it hanging from the wall over my tool box and it keeps the garage nice and warm. I just start it up a little while before I start working and I have a good working environment. I did have to wire up the 240w plug. I had a guy from work do it so it didnt cost too much. But all in all I am happy with my purchase. and does the job .

No fumes and isnt too loud. It also has thermostat that will shut it off once it hits the temp.

I also have a single car garage. Used for my shop. I store gas in another area. I borrow the bottle from my grill during the cold winter days. For light cold I use 120vac unit.

They make flameless propane Camping heaters that are safe for use inside tents.......

I had one that was great when camping..

Todd Z

Latest posts