Safari bar bent

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Teitell

Reaction score
Ok so awhile ago i went mudding and got some air and went bumper first into the mud. I realized later that my bar was bent and was hoping it was just the brackets. So i finally get around it today and check it out, and luckily it is just the brackets. Does anyone on here have extra brackets they are willing to party with?

Thanks,

Brian

The brackets are as cheep as the bar it self....

You may be able to use a rope and a tree and bend it back out or take the one bracket off and bend it back with a vise and a hammer...

Todd Z

You may be able to use a rope and a tree and bend it back out

Ha, I had to do that with a work Dodge I was using, a horse rubbed on the front grill guard and pushed the whole thing right up to the hood. I just tied a rope to it, then to a round bale and backed up till it was back to its original position. Worked great.

I got into a little fender bender a couple of years ago and had the same problem. There was no getting around replacing the bar but luckily I was able to straighten the brackets and re-use them. I was still working for the fire department then and had access to hydraulic tools. (The "Jaws of Life" have many uses.) It's not going to be easy trying to straighten them by hand. Probably better to just buy new ones.

[Broken External Image]:

i just got my new bar + brackets in the mail yesterday, my brother got into a fender bender with my truck and bent the bar + brackets. i took a torch to the brackets and bar, heated it up, and tried bending it using tools. not as easy as it sounds. i ordered a new set.

Latest posts