Runs ruff 2/3 power and idles ruff too

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have one of three problems happening. Low fuel pressure, plugged cats or a bad MAF.

Have the fuel pressure checked and get an exhaust backpressure test done. The MAF is going to need a scan tool and someone who knows what they are looking for to diagnose it. Have you tried cleaning it?

Long time ago I replaced the OEM exhaust stuff with the Random Technology YPipe and Cat with Magna-Flow exhaust. Eventually found a bad O2 Sensor in the CAT. Couldn't get the sensor out of the CAT, so I just ordered a new Random Technology CAT and got a new O2 sensor. Haven't had a problem since.

I didn't know the fix, either did FORD or the Friend Shop. So basically just threw money and parts at it until it was fixed. Probably invested like $1500. But oh well.

When does this happen - always, on any startup, cold start only, high RPM, low RPM??

How long does it last - intermittent, a few seconds on any start, cold start??

We need whatever information you have.

The tapping is constent. Better at higher RPM. When I drove home today I turned on the AC after I got up to speed. The cold air did not blow till I slowed down to make a right turn at low rpm.

Burned exhaust valve is common to misfire codes.

The cold air did not blow till I slowed down to make a right turn at low rpm.

Not sure what this means. Kind of meaningless. Is it relevant?? How long was it between the time you that you turned-on the AC and you made that right turn? How hot was it out?

I ran for about 3 min and turned the air on. After about another 5 to 8 min at 40 mph I had to slow way down to turn right. When my rpms dropped, my cold air started blowing. It was 90? today.

Latest posts