Rubbing with 265/75R16?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
There's a good chance on Tuesday I'll be getting new tires, namely Goodyear Fortera Silent Armors or Triple Treds. I'm not sure if I want to go larger than the stock 255/70R16 size by going with (edit)265/70R16s on my 04, 2WD, stock height Trac. I've seen some pics from my other thread but I'd like to know if there are any rubbing issues with the 265/70R16 size. Also, the shop here says they are willing to match online prices, the best price I've seen is about $140 at TireRack. If you've seen these lower, please let me know! Looking forward to your feedback. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 265/75R16 Revos last week. I have only heard my tires rub three times since I bought them. It happens when I turn left into a steep driveway. My 265/70R16 Revos did rub a bit on the right end of the front swaybar, but I never heard any noise from that. My ST is at stock height.

I'm sorry, I meant 265/70R16. While I'm at it, should I black wall or white wall. I'm leaning towards black wall since I have chrome.

I like blackwall... where I bought my tires, the 265/75R16s were cheaper than the 265/70R16s. I saved over $30 going bigger. :)

[Broken External Image]:

you will rub a little when turning full lock with the suspension compressed, like when pulling into a driveway, and on the passenger side rear inner fenderwell liner. i just lt mine rub, and it clearanced itself. see library for pics on my 02 2wd... HTH

STanner is right. I have the Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor 265/75-16's and they will rub exactly like he said-Left Front when pulling into the driveway at full lock for less than 1/2 sec and the right rear passenger side when turning left (since the right rear well liner is not supported at the bottom it tends to get pulled into the tire when making fast left turns.) I waited about a month for it to clear itself but I got impatient and cut the liner myself. The marks on the liner were easily visible by that time so I just used it as a template to cut. It took all of 10 minutes with a hacksaw blade and you can't even see it when looking from the side. I've had the Forteras for about 12000 miles now and I really recommend them. The ride is smoother and the traction on wet surfaces is so much better than the Wranglers that were originally on them. By the way, I did get about 62000 miles out of the Wranglers with cupping towards the end. My only minor gripe about the Fortera's is that for some reason, they needed to put more weight on the rims to get them balanced. They ride fine but like I said, there are more weights on my rims. Gas mileage dropped about 1 mpg and your speedo will be off but since I do have an Xcal, I adjusted mine back to reading accurately. I have an '02 4x4 w/ 4:10 L/S Pioneer Edition at stock ride height. You will also gain about 1 inch of height with the larger tire. Good luck!

HHHmmm, now i've got 265/75/16's on mine, x 2 1/2 years, and mine have NEVER rubbed,.... infact, just got a new set same size 3 months ago,....

BTW, hello Rose, LaRue, (say hi to Rue for us), and everyone else,. many things going on here, mostly bad, Tiauna got in with wrong crowd went downhill fast, spent time in and out of Rehab (3 different time) the last time, long term residential, all hit the fan, 11/29/05, found out she was doing Meth, cocaine, weed, and alcohol, SEVERAL times a day/ EVERY day!And on top of all that, she's also a 'cutter', here forearms are a BIT TIME mess now!! To much to explain here, gets pretty deep, went from a varsity basketball player to a tweeker, BIG TIME,....

Love and miss ya all, we would love to come, but with all this that has went down, don't even have a PENNY to put towards this trip, even though it would do her good, the medical bills are now coming in,....... OUCH!

Dove & Tiauna

Dove,,,:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Dove,

Stay strong and be there for Tiauna. I am sure she is a good kid and with you there by her side, you will help her clean herself up. You and Tiauna are in my thoughts. Love Ya!!!

Tom

Dove, I don't know what to say, just know that we love you and both of you are in our prayers. I'll call you soon. Love ya!!!

Latest posts