rough shift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WT Ballard

Reaction score
When i come to a stop in my 2006 Explorer there frequently is a big jolt, like its trying to upshift or something. Anybody else found this, and if so what's the fix? Is there a service bullitin on this, or a recall?

YES !!.... Several members with the 07 ST have had this...

One member had the valve body in the tranny replaced and the problem was fixed...

Todd Z

Second that, Todd Z (member was me!). It has been - what - 3+ weeks, and not a problem since. The shifting is as smooth a silk. Have those guys replace the valve body in the tranny (Ford calls it a 'mechatronic assembly').

I am having the same problem in my 4x4. They reprogrammed the computer and it helped the up shift. The down sift from 2-1 is still harsh. The dealership ordered the valve body but Ford has rescinded the fix for this and have a new computer program coming out in November. The valve body fix has been a temporary fix for some people as the computer eventually goes back to the harsh shift.

Latest posts