Rotor REMOVAL

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How do you remove the rear rotor on the Gen 2?I was going to replace the rear rotor at about 50,00 miles so decided to put new ones on but they won't come off.So decided to ask the EXPERTS!Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Probably frozen to the hub with rust. I always spray PB blaster and let sit overnight. Then wack it with a rubber mallet. If does not budge use a steel hammer and smack between the studs to loosen it up. Repeat as needed.

I just removed mine yesterday. A little PB Blaster, waited a few minutes. One came loose by hand, the other just needed a light tap with mallet. Put on a little copper anti-seize paste before you mount up the new ones. I use the Wurth product in spray can. Works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a link to a video showing the method I used that worked like a charm when I was helping a friend and all other methods had failed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtsTJCRljAs

PB Blaster or Deep Creep are also an good option far better than WD40 or other lubricant. As Vic said make sure to use some anti-seize on the new ones if you ever have to take them off again they will pop right off.

Just a suggestion be sure the parking brake is off. Have had that happen to me before. Not that anyone else would be that absent minded.

Latest posts