rotating....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jorgie Hidalgo

Reaction score
So tomorrow im gonna rotate my tires and change my oil myself. I have a ? though. I have the book manual that says what pattern to rotate my tires but i want to know if anything changes if you have different rims?i have 22"s and i dont know if that effects anything. so do i follow the pattern in the book? thanks.....

Good question. Well of the bat, if you have directional tires on your wheels, then you'll only be able to put the front left to the rear left and the front right to the rear right. Now, if you don't have directional tires, you can still do it this way, or go from front left to rear right and front right to rear left. Either way really won't matter unless you have directional tires. Now also don't forget to re-torque the lugs after 100 miles, or you take the chance of losing a wheel while rolling down the road. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
the tires have a tread design thats meant to turn one way, it will have an arrow on the side wall of the tires if they are directional. usually only high performance tires are directional like but being 22" there is certainly the possibilty

As a general rule, radial tires are rotated like this: Rear tires moved straight forward and front tires crossed and moved back.

This makes it so that all tires will be in all locations through their tread life.

Front to rear only is your best bet....

And with the aftermarkets, after the rotation, and you drive the truck for about 50 miles, re check the lug nuts on all the rims..

Todd Z

Latest posts