Roof rack

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

val bisagni

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a new owner and I am interested in recommendations for roof racks.

Also, anybody have roof leaks?

Showing in the headliner so I'm assuming it's coming from the roof grab rails.

I had a leak coming from the back too on my 2008 and there seems have been a problem with the 3rd brake light letting water in. Most common solution I got from people on here was to take off the light assembly and add a line of silicone to the seal to help keep the water out. So far it has word fine through storms and washing the truck. I bought a roof rack from Tasceparts.com. The crossbars were almost $100 for the pair. I have used them for surfboards and it has worked fine.

Also, welcome to a great site with a lot of helpful people!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks and for the welcome too. I had considered the high mounted light as well, but the headliner is showing wetness at the top of the sail panel area which would point at the roof rails. Guess I'm gonna hit 'em all.

Thanks for the lead on the rack.

I'm having a leak in the front part of the headliner. I seen drips coming front the curtesy light that sits on above the rear view mirror. I suspect it is coming from the roof rack. What a piss pore design. Great idea but the way the roof rack seal has a lip around the entire leg of the rack. I guess I'll silicone around each leg. That will look terrible thoe. I'm really discussed by this & I'm hoping that I won't have to disassemble the whole rack, headliner & all.:angry:

Latest posts