RIP Jade

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Phillips

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my dad, found out that he rolled Jade into a ditch this morning near Mexico, MO. I don't know all the details, just that he hit a slick spot and she broke loose on him (damn Wrangler tires). He's a little soar, and has a cut on his head, but he's still vertical. Jade didn't fare so well. She broke loose, the rear walked left on him, and she rolled once after leaving the pavement and came to rest right side up, and he managed to get out through the back window. I put this under reliability, because she performed her final duty reliably. My dad walked away. I'm fine, but it does make you think just how quickly you could loose the ones you love in this world. I do want to thank all the members who have helped me build Jade through all the great info and parts. I'll still be around, if you don't mind being spammed with Mustang pictures every once in a while.

-Larry

Another Island Blue gone. So sad.

Glad to hear Dad is all right. That is the most important thing.

Tom

Larry,

Sorry to hear that. It doesn't take much for the ST, on an otherwise dry road, to hit something slick and have the backend come around, especially if with the stock Wranglers (speaking from experience here...but I was more lucky than your dad).

TJR

You had a fine Trac. Im Glad it protected your dad.

I didnt know you had put the wranglers back on it?

I wont put mine back on until the day I sell it.

I have made a few tire salemen angry when I catch them trying to sell these tires to a customer.

Tried to tell mt Brother in law about them. His hard head about the cheap price, got their '99 expolorer totaled. Sliped on a wet road and got T-boned.

Tell your Dad to rest and take care...

I didnt know you had put the wranglers back on it?

I wont put mine back on until the day I sell it.

That is what I did with mine, pulled them off when I got the truck and put them back on at the end of the lease.

The 17 inch Hancooks were worn out past their safety limits, so we put the wranglers back on until we could get new tires all around since they still had a fair amount of tread on them.

Wow, sorry to hear about Jade, Larry. Glad your dad's Ok. That's what's really important.

I guess Jade's "last hurrah" was the Louisville 2008 National Meet.:(

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry, very glad your Dad is alright. I'd say Jade was taking care of him in the fact she kept him safe. She was a fine Trac, one of the coolest and with great personaliy for sure!

That sucks man, As I am glad your DAD is OK. !!!!

Stay around, IT was always a good time chatting with you...

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I found my picture of Jade, but she is hiding behind my ST.

<iframe scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" style="width:240px;height:66px;margin:3px;padding:0;border:1px solid #dde5e9;background-color:#ffffff;" src="http://cid-578d1a5d613b38f0.skydrive.live.com/embedrowdetail.aspx/.res/578D1A5D613B38F0!312/578D1A5D613B38F0!313"></iframe>

Latest posts