Rhino line a tailgate?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Schepper

Reaction score
Well, the tailgate on my truck is starting to take a beating from all of the summer shuttling we do with mountainbikes, Last week the rug I normally use to cover the gate from the bike forks fell down on a pretty rough road and took some good gouges in my paint (we hang the bikes out over the tailgate).

My question for you guys is, has any one rhino lined the entire tailgate? I have a toredor red trac and was wondering if they could color match the rhino lining? Also any idea on the cost? I know a truck bed (atleast on my f150) was like $200 for linex, so im assuming a little tailgate would be cheaper.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

I couldn't say for sure, but I would be surprised if it would be that expensive; namely because it's a relatively flat surface (easy prep, besides the center ford emblem) and it's removable from the truck so you could drop it off and leave it with them. Plus it's a relatively small area. I would be curious as to the color matching as well.... although I would bet they have a red that would be a close enough match for the 'gate. Post some more info and/or pics if you get it done.... it sounds like a nice option for you.

I'm trying to imagine this. I think it would look like hell. I think I'd rather have the scratches. At least they wouldn't be visible from a distance.

Have you considered a hitch mount rack or an in-bed rack to transport your bikes? It would save some wear and tear on your tailgate.

Color matching linex will fade fast, especially on the outside of your truck. If it's just your tailgate drop it off at maaco and have them paint it, or just live with it.

I have a hitch mounted thule rack already. We shuttle up 4-5 bikes at a time though so 2 on the rack 2-3 hung over the tailgate. Im going in tomorrow to see about color matching options and what not. We shall see maybe Ill just do it black and have the cladding done in black that might look kinda cool.

You could add an above the bed rack. Ive been able to carry three above the bed, and two on the hitch rack.

[Broken External Image]: