Revos vs Alenzas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J Piroth

Reaction score
The local Tires Plus has a "Buy 3 get 1 free" deal going on Bridgestones, and it applies to both the Revos & Alenzas. Out-the-door price (mounted, balanced, tax, everything) is $590 for Revos, $541 for Alenzas. (Both prices are for 265/70/16 on my 4X4 '01 XLT Job 2)

For those with either:

Revos- How quickly do they wear, did you experience any loss in MPG when you put them on and is there a lot of road noise at highway speeds?

Alenzas- How are they on wet pavement, did you gain any MPG when you switched to them, how do they wear and (strictly an opinion question) do they look too much like a car tire on a truck?

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Most larger tires, Unless street tread tires, Will give road noise....

The revos on my adren make some road noise and will be shot after about 40K miles, No burnouts......

I dont think I am going to replace them with revos....

My Revos on my '99 Exploder have 72k on 'em and they've still got over half the tread left. Completely silent, and you can't make 'em break traction.

Then again, mine are kinda big, too.

I'm on my 2nd set of Revo's. Got over 50K on the first set driving like mario andretti. When they are worn they make a lot of noise, brand new they're extremely quiet. Traction is great with them, MPGs didn't seem to drop (had the crapyears on the truck when I bought it). I believe the Alenzas are a highway tire, don't have any experience with them. If you're considering doing any off roading I'd go with the Revo's. If it's all highway then the Alenza's might be a better choice.

Alenzas- How are they on wet pavement, did you gain any MPG when you switched to them, how do they wear and (strictly an opinion question) do they look too much like a car tire on a truck?

I can speak for the Alenza's (245/70/16's, OEM size was 235/70/16) which we have had on our ST for about a year now. Still look great even with a trip to Louisville and back. They handle wet pavement really well. Can't tell if they improved our mpg or not, but they have very little road noise. I expect to easily get 70k out of them (no burn outs).

I concur with Roger. Have had my Alenzas for a little over a year and love them. Very good traction and very low road noise. I got the 255/70/16's and think they look great on the ST.

Latest posts