Replacing Hood on 2003

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Jorczyk

Reaction score
Well my daughter had an accident and I have to replace the Hood on my 2003 Sport Trac. Would anyone know what models years before and after have the identical hood as the 2003? Do you have any advice when I am looking around for a replacement Hood at Salvage yards?

Also notice there are some steel Hood's on the web for $150 with a CAPA certification. Anyone ever purchased one of these?

Thanks Greg

The $150 hood is a repro. They tend not to fit as well but are often good enough. If your insurance company was paying for it that's what you'd get because it's ten years old.

My wife has an '03 Taurus with a repro hood, grill, bumper, and headlights, from being in a chain reaction crash and it looks fine.

Greg, since you live where they dont salt the roads. The repro hood is ok. Otherwise the sheet metal is not rust proofed as the oem metal is. I have seen many repro sheet metal parts rust in less than 2 yrs. Most come from china, they use to come from mexico.

Sport and Sport trac are the same..... If that helps..

Todd Z

Latest posts