Replacing Brake Rotors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Posted this in another thread but maybe I should have started a seperate one.....

I'm about to change my rotors too and RockAuto looks like a good source. I have a question though, I see rotors only and rotors and hubs... which should I buy? My ST is a 2001 2WD with warped rotors.

Thanks!

yes i replaced mine and had to buy the rotor with the hub attached (2wd) wish i had known that before trying to hammer off the rotor till a neighbour came over and told me what was up lol yes i did feel like a fool lol

No special tools required. Remove the nut holding the front wheel bearings on and the hub comes right off. That is, it will if you have already removed the brake caliper!

Be sure to buy new bearings to go with the new hubs. Get a high-quality wheel grease and grease them up good. Install the inner bearing with a new seal on the back of the hub, slide it onto the spindle, insert the outer bearing, the washer, and the nut. There's supposed to be a torque setting for the wheel bearing nut, but I don't know it right off hand. Slip on the little sheet-metal nut holder, put in a cotter pin, and put the cap on.

Latest posts