Replacement Headlight bulbs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
I was on my way in to work tonight and noticed that my headlight were not as bright as I would like them to be. I have been thinking about getting some Silverstars or Silverstar ultras. What type do recommend getting? What about fog lights, should I replace those also? Thanks for the help.

Andrew

Yes replace with Silverstars all around. They make a night and day difference....unless you are hard of seeing or blind :). I believe they have a list of what bulbs fit the fog lights on there site but I know the headlight bulb is 9007.

headlights - 9007

fogs - 9145 or if you want brighter then get 9005's

I didnt mind the silverstars but i wanted brighter so I went on ebay and picked up some mtec 9007's and 9005's. I love them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/9005-MTEC-Super-White-2X-Racing-Halogen-Headlight-Bulbs_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ019QQitemZ290056663530QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mtec-Super-White-XENON-HID-Kit-headlight-bulb-JDM-9007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33710QQihZ018QQitemZ280055150836QQrdZ

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the MTEC bulbs give your headlights a Blueish color or are they truely give off a white light? Looking at the bulbs on eBay they appear to have the Blue coating on them.

they do make an upgrade kit, allows you to use higher wattage bulbs safely...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]: Drew this is the difference in the factory and the new silver star ultras._Ron

Silverstars Ultra, just replaced mine and they really make a difference, however, I have to replace my stock fog light bulbs now because they look dim and yellow now.

Pete

I cant find the 9145's anywhere around here, but everyone has the 9005, what is the difference?

Latest posts