Replaced the Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale Carter

Reaction score
I finally replaced the wrecked Trac. I picked up a 2003 Expy Eddie Bauer 2WD. Sweet! Crazy thing is that I picked up 0.5 MPG over the Trac. This is an awesome vehicle for only $ 16,000.

Thank you to the recent high gas prices for making the seller think no one would want a big SUV!!!!!

[Broken External Image]:

Man that's a good price. I remember when those things used to go for high 30s new. Looks good too; I've always liked the EB trim.

For perspective, I only spent $ 1,000 over the money from the damage repair settlment and the sale of my salvage for a vehicle that is one year newer with about 60k fewer miles than my Trac.

I went through the folder with all of the service records (Ford dealer where I know the owner and shop manager) and found where the truck sold for a hair under $ 39,000. That wasn't sticker, but the actual sale price. I wonder if the guy realizes he could buy a new Accord or Camry, drive it for the same period and then throw it in the trash for less money???

Also, new Ford rotors, spotless and maintained like an anal German rocket scientist.

Now all it needs is my AVICN2/PPI/Phoenix Gold/MBQuart setup with a new JL Stealtbox in the console and I am ready to rock!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Expy's can actually do pretty decent on hwy mileage. I rented one from my company and drove it from Phoenix to the Grand Canyon, and averaged 20.5mpg for the trip. Not bad for a 5.4L V8.

I got only 18.5mpg in a rented Explorer with a 4.0L V6 on family vacation last year.

Sure looks like a mint condition one, best of luck with it!

Last edited by a moderator: