Replaced IAC Sensor....still not running right.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Lance 2

Reaction score
I replaced the IAC Sensor on my 02 Sport Trac. However it did not help with the idle. Still wanting to stall out at lights, etc. Actually stalled on me today at a light. I have not cleaned the Mass Air Flow sensor. I was thinking of replacing the Mass sensor, but don't want to buy and it not be the problem. I also have checked all hoses, everything seems alright. Any ideas of what else it could be or should I try cleaning the Mass Sesnor or go ahead and purchase it?

Thanks-Tyler

Are there any CEL codes?? Is the light on???

If not have it checked any way just in case, and you can find what the codes are here in the FAQ...

As far as the cracked elbow, it can cause your engine to run ruff an meant to stall. Here are some pics to help you out. Also if you do clean your MAF sensor to use an electronic cleaner with no grease, Radio Shack is a good place to get some.

Paul H

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

The elbow once gave me a problem. I replaced that. I also checked it out this time and it is fine.

Thanks for the info on the Mass Air flow cleaner I will try Radio Shack.

-Tyler

Could also be the torque converter in the tranny...

Todd Z

I have thought about the Torque Converter being the problem. And I also have cleand the throttle body. Only helps is out a little but only for a couple of days then it goes back to running bad.

-Tyler

tyler, are you running an aftermarket air cleaner and if so, is it oiled? If you are, then you could have a dirty (oily) MAF sensor. You don't need to replace it, just clean it with some electrical connection cleaner. (about $2 from an auto parts store) Just give it a couple of good shots with it and run it to see if it helps. You can also try the SeaFoam cleaning project. (about another $3 from an auto parts store) Easy to do and it will help clean out the intake and top end of the cylinders. May just want to give those a try. May not be the problem, but it's still worth trying.;)

Latest posts