Removing Seat Covers

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Costin

Reaction score
I have an '07 Sport Trac with cloth seats...anyone ever remove the seat covers? I have some custom leather seat covers I want to put on and am wondering if I can do it myself?

It requires taking the seats out, Removing all the tracks and side arms and some times the top from the bottom...

Most of the new seats are just clipped on, maybe a staple or 2... IT is not hard, But time consuming and handling the seat to protect it....

I usually do 1 at a time and take it in the house and use a carpeted floor to work on..

Todd Z

Thanks Todd,

My biggest worry was whether there was some soft of trick I didn't know about? I mean, is it as simple as pulling one off and putting one on? I noticed the custom covers have the clips and all.

Maybe I will try one seat and see how it goes, if not well, then I'll take it somewhere.

Thanks again

Todd Z,

Is there a secret to removing the rear headrests?

Also, the covers currently on the front headrest...will I need to make any cuts to the fabric in order to remove the existing covers? They seem to be on there without extra fabric to remove?

Wayne, I have not taken apart an 07 seat as of yet,,,,, So Sorry I can not help you with that part of the question....

Todd Z