Removing Fender

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Junior Montes

Reaction score
I Am Now In The Process To Removing My Fender Due To Rust Holes, I Was Wondering If Its Necessary To Remove Bumper To Get To The Fender ? Also The Grey Running Board? And If So How?

Yes Junior, the bumper and lower cladding must come off in order to remove the fender. The lower cladding is just held on with plastic T clips on top and push in type clips on bottom. I have found that a trim tool works the best for removing these. Just simply get behind them a pop them out, but gently as not to break the ears on the clips.

The bumper has 2 bolts on each corner in the fenders and 4 bolts across the top under the hood and some underneath the truck, which should all be 8mm. There are also some phillips screws that hold the front sections of the splash shiels in that i also just take completely out.After all the bolts are removed there is 2 slides that help the bumper stay in place, so just give a tug on each side where it wraps around to the fenders. I also will add that I would remove the headlights also as there are 2 tabs that lock the bumper in underneath that are much easier to pull up and release with them out.

I certainly hope this helps and if I can can answer any other questions just let me know.

Latest posts