Remote Start

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa Marett

Reaction score
Hey I finally got my alarm system with the remote start installed. It is so great. I live in Texas where it doesn't get that cold but I like that fact that in the dead of summer when you can break out in a sweat before the sun even comes out I can now turn the truck on and have it cooled by the time I have to leave. I just thought that I would share.

They are nice to have....

Todd Z

Im getting the same, Compustar Remote Starter and Alarm, the hole meal deal including windows rolling up when armed, and doors locking as usual..... $700CAN installed... but from a very well known high end installation company.... Very professional.

It is an Audiovox APS996A - Remote Security System with 4-Mode Shock Sensor and Extended Range Remote Start. It costed us $130 for the alarm. and about $100 to install it. We took it to a shop that put it in. I am not sure what bypass they used since my husband took it up there. But yes it is a great addition to my truck.

Latest posts