Referb stuff

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaRue Medlin

Reaction score
is it worth the savings? I can get a referb Kidle Fire from Amazon for 169$ saving 30$... Should I or get a new one.... same warranty

Refurb small electronis are typically ok since usually its only the replacement of a screen or moving parts and the occasional battery problem. Might have cosmetic scratches. If Amazon wants to back it with a full warranty then you can spend the 30 bucks on accessories lol.

Now, a $600 Dyson I would go for the $299 refurb without batting an eye hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a refurb kindle fire last thursday and I couldnt be happier. It looks brand new (no scratches or anything) and it still comes with teh same warranty so theres no risk. I say go for it.

LaRue,

I have purchased a number of Refurb'd electronic items and have not had any issues with any of them. One of the items was an Olympus Digital Camera that I purchased over 8 years ago. It was factory refurbished with a factory warranty and it still works perfectly even today.

I have since bought 2 new cameras because of the advanced features and higher pixels, but the old camera still works great.

I have also purchased several Refurb'd TomTom GPS units for my vehicles and they work great. They only came with a 90 day warranty, but after a year they are still working fine.

About 10-11 years ago I purchased a Refurb'd 12ppm NEC Laser printer and it is still working and it has been my main printer all these years.

I always use my AmEx card to purchase things online since they offer a lot more protection and even double and triple the warranty on items. I have never had to use the warranty, but it's good to know it's there.

...Rich

Lot's of refurb Kindle Fires are available due to buyer's remorse. It is a good tablet for the money, but not the best one out there, and many thought it was the best tablet for Christmas 2011 and got one, then traded it in on an iPad.

As long as the warranty is the same, and you get it directly from Amazon, I'd have no issue with a refurb.

TJR

Ok,,, just got Rose a NEW "Fire". So far she loves it. She doesn't want a camera, 3-4 g,,, it does her FB stuff, videos, you tube, and email.... As she calls it, a glorified smart phone you can't talk or text on. Sitting on the couch happy as a lark.... I picked it up at staples for $199 but got the 2yr replacement warranty for free ($50) and a case for $40. Can't complain. She has 14 days for return if she doesn't like it. If there is no damage... I am happy, she is happy, the world is happy....... Thanks for the inputs

Latest posts