Refelx or Sensatrac?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tig OBit

Reaction score
Ok, after reading all of the posts about how much better the trac is with new shocks I am going to go ahead and do it while Monroe has the buy three get one free. Should I get the Reflex or the Sensatrac? Is there a difference? I don't do any offroading, simply in town road driving. Thanks

Tig, the Sensatrac are more of a straight road shock.. IF you may load the truck or tow, even every now and then I would go with the reflexes...

Todd Z

I have the rancho rsx, which is the same as the reflex. Iam pleased, and I do all city and highway. From my understanding the reflex is a little stifer than the sensatrac. They are not harsh for me of course Iam used to driving a lowered beefed suspension mustang. The sensatrac is a little softer than reflex. They both are self adjusting to road conditions. You cant go wrong with either one, IMO....:D

Remember, the shocks dampen spring oscillation. If you drive with a light load you need MORE dampening than when heavily loaded....weight is a dampener in a spring system. The Trac has a truck suspension, no way getting around it. If you want the best possible handling and control, go with the Reflexes. They may seem a little stiff at first, but I can tell you from my experience that passengers don't notice that. Yet the driver does. My fiancee was suprised at how much different it feels in the driver's seat. As a passenger she feels like she's riding in a Lincoln. As the driver she can tell it's a truck. Go figure.

My recommendation would be to get them at Sears. When I got mine they had the shocks on sale AND a $1 installation charge. Oh and then I got the coupon for the buy-three-get-one-free deal.

I just put Sensa Tracs on mine and love them so far. I just went to my local Advance Auto and had to pay for all 4, but they gave me a coupon to send to Monroe for the 1 free.

Went to Sears this afternoon, and they pricematched Advance, free installation which only took them an hour and I got the buy three get one free coupon. Big improvement! Great deal!

They are both good shocks and one is not "better" than the other. Given the Trac's weight and spring stiffness, the Reflexes are probably a more appropriate choice; but, I like a firm ride over a softer ride. If you live in an area where there are potholes in the winter and roads in desperate need of repair, then the Reflexes will, again, be the recommended shocks. If in doubt, go with the heavier duty item.