Recon Light Malfunction

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Kong

Reaction score
The cargo / third eye light I got through Zabteck is doing something strange. I only mention Zabteck because I have their custom plug assembly which differentiates it from other Recon lights. Facing the light from the rear bumper, the lower right set of three white lights blinks while the other white lights stay constant on (as they are supposed to). Any suggestions or ideas? This light has been trouble free until today when I noticed the rapid blink from that lower right corner. THANKS for any advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a solder joint in the light is coming loose if it is just 1 set of 3 led's......

It is not the plug since the others are lit......

Todd Z

Is it something an electrical repair challenged person such as myself can fix, do I send it in, do I simply buy a new one?? I'm OK with any of the options, just need to know what best to do next. Thanks.

It is probably a small solder job.... I could fix it if your willing to ship it here...

Todd Z

Todd,

Yes. I'll pull it out and look for anything obvious that I might be able to fix here. I can solder if I see something, otherwise I can ship it.

The "blink" rate is rapid and consistent. If I have to ship it, I'll just reinstall the OEM light to cover the hole.

Can you advise re. where to ship please?

THANKS for the support.

Mine is doing the exact same thing, just bottom left. I don't think I have my stock anymore though...guess I will have to buy a new one. I have no idea on how to solder, nor do I have anything to do it with. Glad you posted this question.

Latest posts