recall notice for my 01 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Johnson

Reaction score
Just got a recall notice for my 01 ST. Recall 05S28. Apparently the Speed Control Deactivation Switch (SCDS) can cause a fire. This notice affects certain vehicles built from 1992 to 2004. It took them 15 years to figure out there was a problem? The dealer told me that it would take about 20 minutes to replace the switch. So I need to carve out a couple of hours to take my truck to the dealership for this 20 minute fix.

Jerry

just had my 02 done today, but I had done the "replace the red top brake switch" project in 4/07, and when the service tech saw my "fix", they wanted to know who, what when why , etc., and I mentioned this website, etc., and told them I bought the kit at another ford dealer, and installed in as I understood the red top brake switch was not covered by the "previous" recall, etc, so I did it myself. They ;proceed to tell me that the red top switch is still safe as long as it was not leaking brake fluid out the top. The current recall only covers the wiring harness as i understand it, but they just replaced everything I put on with new parts and done by a ford tech. they said it was a liability issue and had to replace all the parts, both the switch and wiring harness to consider the recall work done on my ST.

Had mine done a couple of days ago, I pulled it in the garage and by the time I walked back to the service desk it was done.:)

Latest posts