Rearview mirror

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise Hayes 2

Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace their auto dim mirror on a 07? Was wondering if it would be easy enough to go back with a manual dim mirror? The dealer is telling 400.00 for the original. Any recommendations on a replacement?

I replaced the mirror on my '05 with a Gentex mirror (about $75 on Amazon and other places). No reason why you really need a auto-dim, except just for driver comfort, unless yours has a microphone for bluetooth or sync purposes. You might try an auto salvage yard, I'd guess many years/models are the same.

The problem might be finding a manual dim that will fit the mount. However, to add one that has more options, I find that most of the differences are in the the wiring (except OnStar, that one is real different) since the vast majority of electronic mirrors are made by Gentex including those from other different makes and models. I added a compass & temp version to my 07 but went back b/c I didn't like it.

Latest posts