rear window issues

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flip Kennedy

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem with the rear window, when it is rolled back up it seems to hit the top or something and automatically rolls back down. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is an annoying problem, what may cause this?

The motor will reverse if it senses an obstruction, like a child's neck?

If it's intermittent, perhaps you have debris on the window channels or they are misaligned or something...

Whenever it happens you can force it to go up by holding the knob in the up position, this will override the behavior...

I you let it down then do a force up, (Twist and hold the knob to the right) five times it will reset the resistance level to the required amount to close the window under normal circumstances.

I fixed this issue with another members sport trac at the Long Island meet. The window frame has a bow in it, You have to have one person roll up the window holding the button and you have to push the frame of the window out toward the bed, and it will go up...

Then bring to the dealer, and have them re set the frame..

Todd Z

Latest posts