rear wheel noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe forte

Reaction score
I have 2008 sport trac limited since new. There is a high pitched squeal comming from the drivers rear wheel area which is not from the brakes. It can mostly be heard at slower speeds not all the time but every day. Dealer looked at it several times who claim they do not know what it is and that the noise dosen't happen when they drive it although they "lubricate the dust shield" before returning it. This seems to quiet the problem for a day or two. I have made a video/audio of noise by holding my camera outside of the vehicle while driving. It's obvious on the video but does not help the Ford service people. They say they have no record of any such problem except me. Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Have they actually looked at the brakes. Some here had problems with the rear calipers hanging on the gen2 trac. Wore their pads out quik and ate the rotors.

Mine is making noise also,more of a light grinding/slight vibrating noise that varies with speed from the passenger side rear. Hitting brakes has no effect. Almost positive it's the wheel bearing in the knuckle. Put down the rear window and you can really hear it. Has 54,000 on it, 07 4x4 V8. Just waiting for the weather to break to take it in, hate driving my stang in this crap Mi weather.