Rear driveshaft

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys so I was towing my dads focus from PA to TX and my rear drive shaft went . Does anyone know where I can get a replacement driveshaft for relatively cheap ? Since I am just going to be getting to our new place on 10/4/13 and haven't found a job yet . You can email or text me . [email protected] or 5702990778

Both? That's damage that has been in the works for a while.

Get it repaired at a drive line shop. Pretty much any type u-joint can be welded on. A complete rebuild with two new u-joints that you can replaced (easily) later is what you want.

there is no drive shaft shop by you? Any rebuilder? Those parts have to be around....

OR a junk yard..

Todd Z

Odd that the U-joint isnt seperate. Odd that the trans tailshaft bearing went out.

All this on a gen2..

How many miles on your trac.

I had the entire driveshaft of my 2010 replaced under warranty due to a bad U-joint. The Ford dealer service tech mangled the driveshaft yoke so badly trying to remove and install a new U-joint that the dealer finally had to order a complete new shaft.

Not sure what the problem is- U-joints are not a new technology- folks have been replacing them for years. I have done a few myself.

ya know I think a human knee is a bit more integrated and a lot harder to service than any ujoint but that won't stop them from telling you its not serviceable if they can make more money that way.

Latest posts