Rear differential LOCKER??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't feel any need to "be different" or react at all to the norms of society. When I bought my Mustang, I lived in downtown Chicago, needed an inexpensive and reliable car that had safety and ergonomic features that I wanted, and could navigate past all of the ginormous SUVs that most urban drivers rode. I knew the 4.6 mod motor, the T-45 transmission and the 8.8" rear end well. I also knew that the Mustang would get more (and less expensive) aftermarket parts. To me it was purely an economic and logistical choice.

I was a FWD convert. Briefly. And then I got really tired of FWD disadvantages. If you see those as challenges, God bless you. I wouldn't want to deny you the opportunity to learn the hard way. :grin:

I hope you find something to control torque steer on that 485 HP car. :haveabeer:

Thank you to all for your information and advice.

If I can pry my wonderful wife's hand from my wallet I will be doing the rear end job hopefully soon and I will let everyone know how it went.

thanks again.