RE-Replacing Plugs need part# & type

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
Well the time has come for me to correct the error in judgment I had last July. Against multiple warnings I changed the OEM plugs in my 2002 Trac to Bosch Platinum Ir plugs ( huge mistake) When I changed them I chucked the OEM plugs so I have no idea if they were Motorcraft or Autolite.

I see Autolite is having a rebate on their plugs my questions are:

1. What were the OEM plugs? (Motorcraft or Autolite)

2. Would either one make a difference to each other?

3. Would they be the platinum, double platinum, or XP Iridium?

4. What is the part number.

I want to eat a bit of crow return it to stock & get these Bosch plugs out of there,but considering how friggin' annoying they are to install, I want to make sure I get it right.

I'm about to try the autolite irridium xp103's , in my 2001 Trac. I've had good luck with autolite and the irridium plugs I've used in my atv's make them start easier and run better, I hope this works as well for the Trac, stay tuned.

Last edited by a moderator:
ron, DON'T DO IT !!!

members have and wound up removing them !!

Todd Z

Autolite 2010 Rebate (Thru 11/30)

For whatever reason, our Tracs seem to like the OEM plugs and not much of anything else. At least the Gen 1 Tracs...

Not sure why, but with all those that have changed out the set they just put in is enough for me...

Todd, the wheels are still spinning on using the xp103's. I guess it depends on when I remove the passenger wheel and if it looks easy enough to remove the 2 inner plugs I may still try them but if it looks like its still a bear ,I'll be making a trip for the double platinum plugs.

Well after removing the whole wheel well plastic the buried plug on the passenger side still looks like a bear so back to Advance Auto for double platinum app103, instead of the xp103. I also ordered a set of wires wr-6120 used code es123 for $20 off the $61 wires. My thinking is with 106k I'll not chance a bad wire or wire going bad in the near future as I hope never having to do this job again as now I only put 2-3k a year on my trac.

I bought three 2-packs of the Autolite Platinum # AP103 at Walmart (on the back it says AP103DP2). Do these sound good, or are Double Platinum's better? I will likely have our FD mechanic switch them out at night after the engine has cooled off; my regular mechanic says he needs the car all day since he has to remove so much for access. I'm printing the Project for him.

Thanks.