Random Word Game (Monday Time Waster II)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While "romb" is not an English word, both tost and loth are. "Bzre", however, is not an alternative spelling for bizarre.

Carrion ...

Yardsale, I've checked three different dictionaries (one online, two printed), and none of them have "romb", "tost", or "loth". So bzre is just as legitimate as any of them.

Wrap

(I have to change one letter--but it didn't say I had to change it TO ANOTHER LETTER. So instead, what I changed about the R was its POSITION--from between the W and A to between the A and P.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The exclusion of a word, or several words, in a reference, or several references, has no relationship to the validity of any other word.

Perhaps is not the spelling of the author, but the vocabulary of the critic.

That, in effect, changes two letters. Seeing it from your perspective, both the a and the r had to move, else there would be no room between the w and the a.

-----------------------------------

Meaning of TOST

Webster's 1913 Dictionary

Definition:

\Tost\,

imp. & p. p. of Toss.

-----------------------------------

Meaning of LOTH

Pronunciation: lowth

WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [adj] unwillingness to do something contrary to your custom; "a reluctant smile"; "loath to admit a mistake"; "unwilling to face facts"

Yardsale--

I couldn't have said it better myself. It's the vocabulary of the critic. So don't blame me that your vocabulary is insufficient to recognize Bzre. Accepting tost (instead of tossed) or loth (instead of loath) is as ridiculous as accepting ketchup (instead of catsup) or irregardless (instead of regardless). None are correct.

p.s. I'm running under the assumption that you are taking this all in the completely over-the-top, ridiculous, can't-believe-we're-actually-discussing-something-so-trivial, humorous way that I am. :D

prat

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source

prat  /præt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prat] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun Slang. the buttocks.

Latest posts