Random Technology Parts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrainTrac

Reaction score
Recent threads prompted me to check on the availability of the R-T Y-pipe and high flow cats for the ST, and I found that none of our current site sponsors are carrying these products. They are available from other retailers, but I think we'd all rather purchase them from a site sponsor.

So how 'bout it? Would any of you sponsors be able to carry and sell these items?

SST? Zabteck? Bueller? Anyone???:unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue is most of the time these companies want a "buy In" of 10 items or $2,000 bucks and to only sell 2 a year it is not worth it..

I don't know what RT's policy is....

tell them to contact me... ;);)

Todd Z

Just sent them an Email asking what I have to do...

Todd Z

Good luck, Todd. Like I said, I'm sure folks here would rather buy them from you or another sponsor that any other seller. I know I would.

I'd like the Y-pipe but I never got a satisfactory answer about if my truck would pass an emissions test with it. Also I thought the price was kind of steep.

The only other place I can find the Y-pipe and high flow cat is Martel Brothers. The Y-pipe goes for $330, and the cat is listed for $390.

griff, you are still coming to the dyno meet, right?

I think you and I will be the only STs there, but there will be some Contour and Focus peeps...

i posted this above also:

Just was reading a link about the Y-pipe below. How much are these things? I am lookin into it also. And if there is that much interest... why not try to get a group deal.

See above post about y-pipe

This thread is typical of wanting a part that's not available. Always seems plenty of people are interested until the time rolls around to cough up the cash. Then only a couple of people actually come through and buy and sometimes it seems it's not even the ones that stated they would buy.

WFoy was carrying the RT stuff and I don't think he ever completed a group buy with the product which makes it difficult for the manufacturer to justify making the product. Martell Bros. may list it but before WFoy was carrying it, RT had stopped production on all but the exhaust I believe.

To whoever decides to carry the RT stuff I would suggest getting a deposit from those interested to ensure the product actually moves.

For those who don't know, the main benefit from the y-pipe and/or the hi-flow cat will be a throatier exhaust. There will be mild higher end hp gains at the cost of a bit of low-end torque due to the larger pipe diameter. Take it for what it's worth though I speak from experience as I have both installed on my trac. If you ever plan to do any type of internal engine mods and/or any type of forced induction then these are definately wanted/needed however for most of us with the aftermarket stuff that's available you may question your bang for the buck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts