Rancho RS5000 vs Monroe Reflex vs Monroe Sensatrac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Kendall

Reaction score
Hi All. Any opinions on the best shock out of the 3 listed will be appreciated. My ST is not used for off roading too much (except for my driveway!) :lol:. It is not lifted. All the shocks are around the same price with the RS5000 being the most expensive. Thanks for sharing your expertise on this!

Any of the three will be an improvement over the OE shocks. I am running Reflex shocks and are happy with them. We have 9000's on our Explorer and we really like them. They are expensive though.

Tom

I believe the Rs5000 the same shock as the Reflex just more $$$$$.....

What do you do with the truck, All street driving, towing, off road, Hard cornering, drive fast ???

Then we can help you decide..

Todd Z

Todd, I guess I mostly just street drive, although I am going to get a hitch soon as well to pull my 5 x 8 trailer when I need to. Probably might pull at the most, once in a while, up to maybe 1500 lbs. Thanks for your input. I guess the reason I keep flip flopping on the shocks is because I can pick up the Sensatracs for around $145.00 shipped, the Reflexes for around $155 shipped and the Ranchos $170 shipped. So the difference between all 3 is only about $25.00. I know that the Sensatracs would probably do the trick, but for only $25.00 more, I could have Ranchos, if they are worth it. Would any one of the 3 listed shocks be more durable perhaps? Thanks again!

I just found some Pro Comp shocks on sale...buy 3 get one free. That makes the ES1000 $99.00/set and the ES3000 $135.00 set!! Any opinions on these shocks??:unsure:

As Todd Z mentioned above: What kind of ride to you want? What is your driving style? If you want a little softer more comfortable ride go with the Rancho RS5000; and if you want a little firmer ride go with the Rancho RSX. In my research on shocks a couple of yrs. ago I found that the Monroe Reflex and Rancho RSX are pretty much the same shock except that the RSX have polyureathane bushings, etc. I would not let price be the overall controlling factor on what shock you go with; just figure out how much you want to spend on shocks and then find the best ones in that price range. I personally have had 3 sets of shocks on our ST. I suggest that since you mentioned the addition of a hitch I would go with the Rancho RSX and add the Roadmaster Active Suspension to your leaf springs. The RAS will help with handling and stability as well as help stabilize towing. Check out the projects section on how to replace the shocks yourself, and there is a project on installin the RAS.

Garman,,a few folks on here found the pro-comp special deals did not come with Hardware and mounting pins. They had to strip the old shock..

Thanks Fast Eddie! I know they do not come with the boots, but I did not know the hardware wouldn't be included. Thanks for the heads up!

Latest posts