Rain X Wiper Blades

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Garcia

Reaction score
I went to Advanced Auto Parts to purchase the Rain X Latitude Wiper Blades.

They are having a promotion where you purchase two and save eight dollars.

So they were 14.99 each instead of 19.99 at any other place such as walmart or

Autozone. I ended up going with driver side 20" and passsenger side 19"

What is our blade length normally? 18? (don't remember off hand) No issues with clearance or anything with the longer blades, huh?

yes it is 18. passenger side you can only go so big until they hang out past the windshield. i think 19 is a pretty close call. havent put them on yet so not sure. i got 18s on the passenger and its pretty close to the edge of the windshield and 19 for the driver but the driver side could easily fit 22s. i just wanted to go bigger so i got 20 and 19

well i ended going back to the store and exchanging the 19" .

so now i have 20" for my passenger and 22" for driver side.

very pleased

IMO, they are the best blades ever . . .

I've probably gone through 20 sets, between each of my vehicles . . .

I also recommend using the Rain-X windshield bug/tar cleaner. I mix mine with 1/3 to 1/2 distilled water which still provides crystal clear glass, but without the streaking!

They work so great, that (unlike others I've tried) when its time for a replacement, its very obvious . . . not because they suck & dry-rot worse, but because the difference is night & day!

i have to say 22s is the biggest you can go which when functioning at highest speed. the top edge of the blade will touch the rubber around the windshield. but at any other speed they are fine.

I got the same deal- they are great, BUT why doesn't anyone just do the refill inserts anymore? Seems like a big waste of money and material to replace the whole blade. The store had a few inserts only for sale, but seemed like they were pushing whole blades.

BUT why doesn't anyone just do the refill inserts anymore?

Good question. My thought is more $$, to be made. I had a few stores show me universal refills. You snap them off to your length. After inspection of them. The qaulity was what you see in $1 stores. So now I have to spend $26 to $30 every 6months, instead of $8...:angry::banghead:

Just changed the wipers on mom grand marquis. The duralast one piece $34. Cheapest they had.:angry::banghead:

Rodger, I live in a highly chemical industrial area. It does' a damn- damn on wiper life.:banghead:

Plus the gulf coast heat.

Look up the guarantee on Silblades. I just installed my second set because the I changed to a different design. The first set is still perfect after 4 years.

Latest posts