Radio switch

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel Hatch

Reaction score
I have an '03 Sport Trac with a bad factory radio. cassette single disc player in it. The only good thing about the radio is the sound so I bought a 6 disc radio from a mustang. it just about fits and goes on with all the functions working but it sound bad. It sounds like its under powered or some of the speakers are not operating. Is there some way to adjust the fidelity and if so how?

It could be either or both the above.

You provide no technical or model information for either component (need both).

Some of Fords radios require an amp, Most have factory amps in the vehicle so just swapping the radio will not work.

Todd Z

Best to either replace the radio with an exact OEM match unless you know what you have. Otherwise, it is often cheaper to get an aftermarket radio and bypass the factory amps and stuff. You will usually get more features and performance with aftermarket for the money.

You may be able to get your OEM radio repaired. My ford dealer sends them out and they come back a week later refurbished and good to go.

Latest posts