Radiator Crack? And Replacing...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommy VanNess

Reaction score
Hello Sport Trac'ers,

Well, I think it might be time for a new radiator. I noticed this crack this morning after seeing a small puddle of coolant under the ST. I am going to look at some prices. The Fast Parts Network has it for $495 I believe. How difficult is it to replace if you do it yourself? I think I am pretty handy, but I am no mechanic. I have the Haynes manual and the only thing I am nervous about is the transmission cooler fittings. But other than that, I think I can do it myself. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Tommy

[Broken External Image]:

$495 is way too much.

Shop around you can get one for $150 to $200.

I need to find the website. I found a place to order a double row 2" thick radiator for $285.

Thanks Eddie, A quick Google search brought up Discount Auto Radiator.

http://www.discountautoradiator.com/shop/?N=0&VN=4294967136+4294963447+4294963150+4294967127+4294966634&Nr=AND(part:Radiator,universal:0)

Anybody ever used them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, went to Radiator.com and chatted with what I felt like was a bot of some sort. Anyway, after the Bot took my info, I received a call from a nearby (hour away) radiator shop and they have it in stock for $163.

Quick question: How much antifreeze should I buy for a full replacement of the radiator?

Thanks,

Tommy

I think our tracs hold 15qts. So flush the whole system and do a 50/50 using distilled water if you can.

Thanks again Eddie. You are right, my manual says 14 quarts. I picked some up at AutoZone, but not enough because they told me 1 3/4 gallons. Oh well.

1 3/4 gallons (7 qts.) is perfect if you are using unmixed coolant, and are getting a complete drain.

Last edited by a moderator: