question on installed sensa trac shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave feola

Reaction score
first i want to thank everbody on this site for being sohelpful, second, I finally after dealing with the oem shcoks for 70,000 miles replaced them with the monroe sensa tracs. for about the first 2 weeks the ride seemed much better, recently it seems real boncy and mushy, almost identical to the old shocks ,. can anyonetelll me why >? I HAVE A WARRANTY APPT WITH DEALER SOON, SHOULD i HAVE THE INSPECT THE SWay bar ,etc ?

I would check the other components to make sure nothing else is broken or was left loose...

Maybe they did not tighten the top nuts tight enough....

DID you do a bounce test, just push down on the front of the truck and let go, same with the rear bumper, Does the truck rebound and bounce, or just come back up and stop...

I always recommend before you install the shocks that you manually pump them a couple of times to lubricate the valves and seals before you install....

Todd Z

Tell them you are not satified with the ride and exchange for the reflex. The sensatracs are good for some that dont wont to stiffen the ride. IMO, the reflex controls the mushy and the spring oscillation better.

A good setup for the price is Monroe Reflex / Rancho RSX on the front and KYG Monomax on the rear. Since you have an '02 ST I suggest you also add the Explorer Express anti-sway bar on the rear and the front end links from AutoZone if you have not raised your ST. Ford made the '03 - '05 frame stiffer, sooooo . . .

I have the Sensa Tracs and haven't had any of the problems I had with the OEM shocks. I'd go with what Todd mentiond.... maybe something else is wrong.

Latest posts