Question for fellow Stang owners...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to have a 1994 Mustang. I did love the thing. I put over 100,000 miles on mine, and the only real problem that I had was a blown head gasket, which was a known issue for that 3.8L V-6 (Ford eventually paid to replace the motor that got destroyed). Since you would be looking at a GT, it wouldn't be an issue.

My only real complaint about it was the doors were huge -- you had to give yourself plenty of room to even open the door enough to get out. And it was also easy to ding another car in a parking lot.

Rocks

John,

Below you'll find another Mustang website link...

I only have 17k on my 2007 GT/CS, so I can't help you with reliability issues.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice lookin ride Krash, next trip over to the coast, lets link up over at the junction in san antonio valley, easy ride for you from livermore or patterson, and one fun ride:)

I don't think that valley is anywhere near San Antonio, TX! Did you cause that crack in the pavement by smoking your tires?:D

Oops...

Forgot the link!

Bill,

That's a possibility... I'll probably be down that way for the Rolex race at Laguna Seca, whenever that is... (I need to look on the LS website for the race date.)

Unfortunately, I'm going to put my Tahoe house on the market soon, so the Stang will be valley bound the whole year round for a while...

And no, the crack is from expansion/contraction due to the weather. I don't smoke the tires THAT often!

Looks like the Rolex race is May 15 - 17, so we'll probably be down then. Hopefully this won't happen during the trip. Sorry about the size...

[Broken External Image]:

Is CHP having budget problems or something? That light bar looks like its older than most of their officers!:)

My son has a 2000 Mustang ragtop, V6 (I didn't want him to kill himself), 5 spd for fun.

Last year I got him a BBK strut tower brace from Summit. The car is VASTLY more solid and quiet with it and I highly recommend it for a ragtop.

I had the body shop down the street install it since it was winter, which turned out to be a good thing. Attaching it to the firewall is a little bit involved and you have to loosen the inner fenders too. Money well-spent though.

I had the Ford Racing Performance Products strut tower brace and racing suspension package installed the first week I owned the car. BIG difference!!! Stiffer and 1 1/2 inches lower.

AND... (In my best Arnold voice, and I do a DAMN good impersonation of him...)

"Ya, da CHP is in da same boat as da rest of us, ve're broke! Der is no money for anything now! Ve need a budget now! I'm going to lock da legislature into da capitol building and make dem watch ALL my moovies under dey are so sick that they pass da budget. First, the Terminator moovies, den my udder action flicks... If no budget, den I'll make dem watch Kindergarten Kop or my favorite, TWINS, vith Danny DaVito!" :D

Hey Welcome to the Club Man :cool:

Now checkout

b96f10fbcd7e7b3326a670592543a9dc.jpg

Latest posts