Question for fellow Stang owners...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John A

Reaction score

Good Morning,

Being a member here for some time, I noticed through previous threads we have Mustang owners here and would like there feedback on the reliability, maintenace costs on them.

I'm currently looking at a 2003 Ford Mustang GT Conv. for a summer vehicle and keeping my 03 Trac for the winter. Here's the specs on the vehicle I'm looking at:

2003 Ford Mustang GT Conv

- Comes with Mach 1000 Audio System

- 5 spd manual

- All the power options on a GT...

- Traction control.

- 58K Miles on the vehicle...

Any input would be very appreciated, at the age and mileage I can expect some maintenance expenses.

Thanks again.

John

As long as you are getting it for a fair price and the vehicle has been properly maintained, sounds like a good plan to me...

Test drove it and it seemed very strong in handling and shifting...Just want to be prepared for after the purchase (90% convinced on getting it.)

Recieved the CarFax Report - I would be the 5th owner. Odometer reading checks out, no claims, never stolen, mostly Summer driven. Previous owner traded it in for a Truck... Certified and Etested.

One problem is the dealership is 300km's(150miles) away and to get it to a mechanic shop I know is not possible... But may request the report from a shop I choose.

Here's a pic of it in the lot.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
John, there are services around here that will go to the car and check it out. I think there is one thru my credit union that charges $85. Maybe you can find one.

Agreed. 4 previous owners are a little concerning

Looking at the prices for these vehicles I could drive it for a couple of summers and maybe take a grand or two hit...

Fast Eddie '04, I'll definitely look into it...

Thanks guys.

i didn't know carfax could tell that the vehicle was driven mostly in the summer :eek:

look around, 4 owners in a short period of time is not a good thing.

there are plenty for sale

My cousin put 200,000 miles on her Mustang GT. Not sure about the year. The only complaint was all of those guys driving imports tried racing her and she would stomp them alive.

Tom

Hey, I Own an 02 GT Vert now & I have owned MANY Stangs along the years including SVT Cobras, Limited Editions & Many 5.0s

Mustangs Rock!:cool:

Check this site out also >> http://forums.stlmustangs.com

I bought a 2000 convertible a year ago with 96,000 miles on it. I put '07 wheels on it about 6mo. ago. It gets around 20mpg around town and almost 30mpg hwy. It is a 3.8 V6. It got stolen yesterday, but the police found it before the day was over. Now I get to clean it up again. Dirty, filthy joy-riders.....I am the 3rd owner, and am very happy with my purchase.

Gary, that's what the current dealer stated but who knows for sure... Probably just trying to clear out inventory. Body is in great shape...

Bill, that Rousch may be too much power for my right foot!

BlkTracL, Thanks for the site, hopefully will be a frequent site visitor shortly :)

Doug / Tom, Thanks for sharing the positive experiences...

(Doug, except for the fact you're car was stolen. Glad to hear it was recovered!)

Surviving the $1.45 / litre last summer the gas wont be a problem...

Always wanted one, and being the winter and looking at comparable vehicles I was able to get the dealer to knock off 3,000 - cash...

Will wait and see on Monday to finalize on Insurance / Financing before making a move.

Thanks guys.

We have an 04 GT pretty much the same set up as the 03 you're describing, no problems at all that were not created. The worst thing about it is I have the same problem as Steve, too old and big to be climbing in and out of it especially since I've always had trucks or larger cars.

Latest posts