Question for Connecticut STers -Help!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Rutt

Reaction score
I wasn't sure which category to put this under. My son is a student at UCONN and on his way home from the campus today he slid into an imbankment at approx. 5 to 10 miles per hour and either bent or broke something in the front end. His right front wheel has a slight turn to the right while his left wheel is straight.

Anyway,I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with or heard anything about Columbia Ford-Lincoln-Mercury in Columbia,Ct. There is an independent mechanic approx. 1 1/2 mile from his aparment that some of his freinds have had some work done at .

It's a 350 mile drive back home to southeastern Pa. which he was planning on doing saturday afternoon after his last final and I not to comfortable having him drive home with it like that so I'm deciding where to take it to have it looked at.He can get a ride home with another freind that lives close by.

He did drive it back to his apartment but he had to keep his steering wheel turned slightly to the left.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Markr

If you go to the left column on this site and click on "Dealer Report Card" (under Resources) it will take you to the page and then click on "CT" to bring up all the Conn dealer report cards. Look down the list...there are 2 for Columbia Ford. They both are good reports.

Take care,

Gary G
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Gary G.. I should have used that resource. Iv'e been around here long enough that I should have remembered it's there.

I'm just a bit flustered right now since he called and told me what happened.I was trying to work out a way for him to get home and find a place to get it repaired at the same time.It kind of gives you that sick feeling knowing I'm going to have a nice little bill unexpectedly.

Markr

Sounds as if the tie rod or spindle arm at the tie rod connection is bent. I bent the arm on a 340 Cuda one time. I had a couple of channel lock pliers with me. Adjusted the tierod end eyeball straight so I could get home.