Question about chrome grill on 09 ST.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan M 3

Reaction score
So, I have a new 09 ST XLT 4x4 with the V6. So far love the truck. I also have the appearance package, so the black tube style step ups and black roof rails. I also have the OEM hard cover. All the accents on the truck are black, and the truck is black pearl in color.

Question, the only chrome is the front grill... and I really do not care for it. I was wondering if anyone removed the chrome and put just a black grill on? Do they make it for an 09?

If so, next questions: I know there is the grill and a small peice on the hood, is it just those two pieces? And if so, anyone know part numbers or where to get them?

I just think if I can make mine black to match the rest of the accents, it would look SO much better.

Any help would be appreciated.

The 2010 Explorer XLT Sport comes with a black grille and dark headlamp assemblies. You could order that grille from our site sponsor Torrie and install it.

5f6ca2ddd63942165a55dbc6ab20f083.jpg

Did not think to look at the explorer... I was thinking it was the STA grill I needed? Would the grill be the same on the Explorer?

Last who is Torrie and what sponer name? I looked at the Site Sponsors, but which one?

Thanks!

The Explorer grille will fit the Sport Trac.

As for Torrie:

<---See the "Sponsors" section on the left. Also linked below. E-mail him, tell him you're a member of this site and what you're looking for. He's a great sponsor!:cool:

Hanks, sent him an email, will update once he responds in case anyone else is interested in this mod.

The Adrenalin grill WILL NOT FIT....

it uses different front end and front fenders..

Todd Z

Slb- I have the same appearance issue as you do with my 09 black pearl XLT. Your other option would be to do what I plan on doing. Although this may be a little more expensive, Im going to purchase the step bars (500) and roof rails (380) that come with the Limited's Chrome package. The step bars are an accessory listed on Ford's website, and I called a Ford dealer about a price on the roof rails. It's just a matter of preference, and I plan on accenting the grille instead of removing it. Just gotta wait out another Chicago winter before I install!

Ken, I am in the opposite extreme. I have the appearance package, stgep bars and roof rails, and they are all in black LOL... but I see your point. I did some research and it is next to impossible to get the grille set (top and bottom) in black, unless you try and use the Explorer Sport in black and I am not sure that will work. And if it does, lists is close to $500 for both parts....