question about car seat!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eduardo 07v8XLT

Reaction score
here in Mexico, is not mandatory the use car seat, but always ,i have one for my son who has 3 years old.

my dougther who has 7 years old, when she seat at rear bench, i think she not need a booster seat, becouse for me she can stay seat a good position, like say at www.car-seat.org

my question is: if for any cause a police officer stops me, and he see my dougther without booster seat, he can give me a ticket for dont have car seat? and other for any couse.?

sorry for this questions, but i don´t want any bad experience on my trip to Florida.

Here you go !!

http://www.elitecarseats.com/custserv/custserv.jsp?pageName=car_seat_laws

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
In the US they recomend that the child be at least 4 foot 9 inches tall before you stop using the booster seat. My daughters are 6 and almost 9 and they are both in a booster seat at all times in any car. My mother-in-law calls me the car seat nazi(like the soup nazi).:D

RayM,

I have heard that 4'9" thing before, but PA has it all age-based:

Pennsylvania state law requires that children under age 4 ride in a federally approved car seat ot booster that is appropriate for the child's age, height and weight. Children ages 4 to 8 must use a booster seat if they are no longer in a car seat. Pennsylvania law further requires that children ages 8 to 18 use a seatbelt whenever they are in a vehicle, regardless of seating position.

From the State of Florida website:

If the safety belt does not fit my child correctly should the shoulder belt be placed under the child's arm for a better fit?

Never put the shoulder belt under a child's arm or behind the back, as this increases the risk of severe injury in a crash. Use a booster seat to correctly position the lap and shoulder belts for children once they outgrow forward facing child safety seats at about 40 pounds and around 4 years old. Children from approximately 40-80 pounds and 4'9" should ride in a belt positioning booster seat.

Eduardo looks like you are all set as far as the state of Florida is concerned but looks like you will be going through other states that you will not be.

Todd thanks for posting that chart it was interesting to see how varied the laws are from state to state.