PWR Window problem 2001 ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glen Rider

Reaction score
2001 ST 4WD. Drivers side window down but won't go back up. Change the switch on the door, No joy. Started troubleshooting relays, swapped all I could with like relays, still no joy. Found all fuses and relays inside and under hood, But have one there is no match for (Big Blue One with FORD stamped on it.) I'am thinking it must be the master PWR window relae but can not confirm, manuals, Ford owners and Haynes, do not describe or give locations for it. Any help would be appreciated before I have to give up and take it to the :( dealer.

Pull the door pannel and try putting power to the motor contacts. If that works, it is in the wiring somwhere.

Had the panel off had trouble seeing motor wiring, Can try again. Is motor actually 12v or is it stepped down though the master controler. Can't tell on the wiring diagram. Thks for your help.

Unplug the wire at the motor, using a volt olm meter, measure to see if there is voltage when you push the window switch, if so, operate the switch the other direction (leave the leads of the meter as is) and see if there is voltage but this time the opposite of the first reading.

By that, if you get negative 12 volts that is down, flip switch other way and get positive 12 volts that is up...

This will at least tell you where the problem lies...

Latest posts