Promotion

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Bosin

Reaction score
Finally got promoted to Senior Master Sergeant (E-8). After 14 years as a Master Sergeant and 5 years of doing the job already I get the rank to go with it. Everyone I have worked with throughout the years that has congratulated me says it's about time. I'm not bitter about the length though because I understand some of the politics involved and also I had to work on how I interact with a couple officers. I'm sure some of the enlisted folks on this forum can relate.

I'm happy now :)

Congrats !!!!!

Todd Z

Greg, Hand salute and congrats !

My dad served in the Army 29th Div. 175th Infantry during D-Day 3rd wave ashore at Omaha Beach. He had the rank of Sergeant Tec 3. Not sure if that rank /designation is still in use.

Thank you for your continued service to our nation.

Where are you stationed ? Unit ?

John

Congratulations Senior Master Sergeant . I'm not sure about now days but it used to be a lot harder to advance in the Guard. Thank you for your service.

Hey thanks for the kind words.

Glock 21; I'm at Camp Rilea on the North Oregon Coast. 24 years in the Oregon Air National Guard, 116th Air Control Squadron.

Congrats Senior! Hopefully in 2 years i can make TSgt my first time . Of course making TSgt in the Military Working Dog career field is harder than some other career fields.

Congrats! I can definately relate. I've been an E6 since 1993, and finally got E7 effective 5 June. The Guard has been great, it's nice to get the rank for retirement (20 years in Sept. but no plans on leaving), but that's just the icing on the cake. Best part time job I could imagine, been to places quite frankly I never thought I'd see when I enlisted. I'm sure it's the same for you. Nice feeling having that extra stripe on your arm isn't it?

Mike, yes this job, although full-time for me, had taken me to places that I would have never imagined and some that I don't care to go back to. I'd take Nelson's assignment in a heartbeat!

I hope to wear the stripe for the 1st time in our local 4th of July parade. All of my uniforms are at the alterations shop, so I hope I get one by then. Fortunately I'm on leave all this week.

Sal, I know how hard it is just to get a slot for promotion, we only have 4 in our Squadron. In the guard we have to wait for someone to get reassigned, retire, quit or do something real stupid. You still have a great career going in one of the most challenging AFSC's in the AF.

Alan, sometimes you have to move around to get promoted, I have had the rare situation that I've been in the same career field the whole time.

congrats on smsgt. i'm just an A1C, so i got a ways to go until i get there... where exactly are you stationed? i'm from oregon, stationed at eglin afb, but my sister is stationed in portland with the guard.

Congrats!

also I had to work on how I interact with a couple officers.

And congrats on being able to see this, and doing something about it, rather than being bitter about it and thus letting it continue to limit you! You would not believe how many times I see (in the civilian world) people who think they deserve a promotion of some sort, but have a career-limiting issue like this they need to overcome first. Rather than dealing with the issue (even after being directly informed of the issue), they just continue to turn a blind eye and and instead get bitter about the lack of a promotion. It can be hard to overcome this--well done!

Congrats!

My previous employer was pretty bad about promoting people, anybody, it wasn't just me or my department. As a result, they lost a lot of good people. I left to start my own company.

I know the military is a little different in that regard, but there are pros and cons to both promoting from within and hiring from outside. I think that a mix is best, using one process or the other exclusively is not good.

Greg, even harder to find AGR slot.
I just want to retire soon, then the real job will have to start.

hope to see you before i retire.

Latest posts