Prius Advertising...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, this is getting off topic, kinda. The real goal was to waste time by lowering the mileage average (BTW, I put in 1985 as a year and it had no problems), not waste time arguing about how stupid they look.

edit: BTW, I put in 0001 as a year just now with a mileage of 9,999,999 and 25mpg. Lol. I wonder what the site's creator will think tomorrow...

Last edited by a moderator:
tom,

that is awesome, but if you add up the value do you think you can hit the 5 grand mark :lol:

i have 5 in the garage and driveway that don't have any payments as well !

Interesting change today. Last night it was down into the 39s, now it's back to 43 and this message is displayed:

If you're really getting mileage under 30 mpg, call your car dealer. Something's wrong.

Bias!

that is awesome, but if you add up the value do you think you can hit the 5 grand mark

i have 5 in the garage and driveway that don't have any payments as well !

That means I have it even better. I have not only reliable cars, but they are cheap too.

Can you say the same thing?

Anyone that buys a car as an investment is mistaken.

Tom

tom,

you are right, you do have it better :rolleyes:

i have 5 junk cars in my driveway. as far as buying a vehicle for an investment, i can't help that my 20 year old, plain looking piece of crap corvette keep appreciating in value every year :)

the sky is blue and the sun is shining !!

[Broken External Image]:

i can't help that my 20 year old, plain looking piece of crap corvette keep appreciating in value every year

I wasn't aware Corvettes appreciate in Value.

kbb

1988 Corvette 10,000 miles retail value $8,800

1990 Corvette 10,000 ,miles retail value $9,000

Not really worth much.

Not dogging your vehicle, but I would hardly call that appreciating in value.

I did buy a car 6 years ago that would sell today for more than I paid for it.

Few cars appreciate in value. My uncle had one. It went from buying it new for $7,000 and selling it for $250,000.

No Corvette built after the C4 would do that. Maybe a ZR1 or a ZO6, but it is doubtful.

If you think it appreciates in value, that is fine.

Tom

tom,

how about a 1988 ZO1 ?

i purchased it in 2001 for 16K and appraised last year for 21.5K.

facts are important before you make a statement. :D

purchased it in 2001 for 16K and appraised last year for 21.5K.

Book value says otherwise.

I quoted facts. Look them up yourself.

Edmunds says your Vette is worth about 5 grand. Not trying to insult you, but book values give a fair impression what something is worth. An appraised price is great, but that doesn't mean that is what someone would be willing to pay for it.

Tom

ok , whatever you say :rolleyes:

if you knew the market, you would see it in the REAL world :p

oh, i forgot, 3 years ago, kerbeck chevrolet (one of the premier vette dealers), offered me 19K for it. so i guess they must not know the true value either!

If you watch the Barrett Jackson auctions, some of the cars that sell for a quarter million dollars or more probably show 5K in KBB or NADA.

A good appraiser knows those things and will put a value on it representative of it's value to a "car person", not a banker.

A good appraiser knows those things and will put a value on it representative of it's value to a "car person", not a banker.

I fully realize that. My uncle recently sold his 1969 Boss 429. it was worth some big bucks, but because of stupid crap he done with it, he got about half of what it is worth.

Gary, I do know who Kerbeck Chevrolet is.

Hopefully you never have to sell your Vette. i would hate for you to see what you would truly get for it.

The cars sold on Barrett Jackson are the absolute perfect example of that car. As with auctions, many times junk sells for more than its worth. Not calling Barrett Jackson junk at all. Auctions do not always show the true value of something. Watch ebay. Some crap goes for WAY more than it s worth.

Tom

tom,

kerbeck is in atlantic city, nj. also check out rogers corvette near orlando, fl.

2 years ago, they were very interested in the vette.

why, because it is rare, and the perfect example of that model.

don't worry, i am not going to sell it.

here is another pic for you

[Broken External Image]:

I know Kerbeck is in Atlantic City, NJ. I read Autoweek. The always advertize in it.

I would take a base C5 over that, but that is just me.

I have also been to the Corvette Museum...twice. It is in Bowling Green, Kentucky. One time I was there, they were having a Corvette meet there.

Tom

I wanted to know what all this Hummer Hype was. So, I test drove an H2 and an H3 a couple years ago. Both crap. I can't see why anyone would buy one.

In general, vehicles are a terrible place to park equity. Just because the KBB says it's worth X amount...doesn't mean that's what you're going to actually get or pay for it. Some rare cars make an exception. It takes way way to long for cars to appreciate. The ones that sell for more than their sticker are super rare cars. I'd park my money elsewhere.

I have six 03 LS Chevy Impala sedans. If you pull into my lot and want to trade yours....guess what...you're not getting KBB value for your ACV. This will be Honda Civics and Toyota Corollas 3-5 years from now.

Latest posts