Priorities messed up? You tell me.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn stonbraker 2

Reaction score
Ok, you tell me. For the past 3 weeks I have spent every free minute of my time trying to side my house. I really want to get it done, but today my wife's Aunt came and got the kids. Perfect time to get some more work done on the house, right? Wrong, I spent most of the afternoon washing, claybaring (first time I've done it), and waxing the ST. Like I said, I've never used the claybar before and let me say, HOLY SH*T!!!!! What a difference. Let me know what you think. Do I have a ST problem? Do I need to start attending ST anonymous classes? I hope I'm not going to lose my family over this.:lol:;)

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

griff, it's just what it sounds like, a bar of clay. It is used to pick up the contaminants over the paint that normal washing and waxing won't get. This is especially useful for the rocker panels that gather up bunches of gunk that I can never seem to remove when washing. In the end, the paint will be smooth and very clean as shown in the above pictures.

I would buy that Showtime Detailer by the gallon if I could! I got my husband using it, and he is hooked too. Your ST looks nice and smooth! Good Job! -Heather :D

Hey Stone,

Looks real good. MYST will be starting a 12 step program soon, but this one involves going to other ST owners houses and washing and working on their ST's with them. Caymen is the group leader as he has worked on most of the ST's in the group at one time or another.

I'll have to try that on my ST. This was a few years ago and the cream puff needs something bad now. Waxing ain't cutting it.

[Broken External Image]:

I just clean when I can and wax 3 times a year, Never had to clay bar yet....

I am almost afraid, it might ruin the shine....LOL

Looking good stone.....

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
I like what you have done to your Trac. I have been dedating about doing it to mine, but I was afraid I would scratch the finish. I think I will try it soon. But not untill it cools down some. It was 110 here in Kansas today with a heat index to boot.:eek:

I've been meaning to claybar my ST for some time. I even have the kit but last time I was going to, it was so hot outside the detail spray evaporated faster than I could spray it.

you should clay bar in the shade...

I always clay bar before waxing... i wouldnt do it any other way otherwise i am just waxing in the contaminents. And it does an amazing job at removing tar/bugs....

I also thought the clay bar would scratch my paint but then I decided my finish was bad enough that it could only help, so I tried it. The only thing that could compare would be nre shocks. Seems like there is a post every week where someone gets new shocks and can't believe the difference, I think the same goes for the clay bar. What a difference. Wax has never made the ST as smooth and shiney as the clay bar did. Just do it.:D

I was in the same boat as it seems with quite a few people here. I never thought my ST needed it. It always shined up with wax. I was always afraid of scratching and it seemed like just another step in a long process anyway. After yesterday, all I can say is WOW. I did half my hood and stepped back to take a look and the difference was VERY noticeable. It wasn't that hard to do and didn't really take to long. (I did pull it into the garage and let it sit for a hour to cool off from being in the sun. 95 degrees here yesterday.) Just spray down alot of the cleaner and rub back and forth. You will feel the surface actually smooth out. All I can say is give it a try and you won't be disappointed.;)

Latest posts