Premium or Regular gas?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Roll

Reaction score
I am planning to go to Raceway Park tonight and run a few quarters, but my question is about fuel. I have always run regular gas and now have about 1/2 a tank which is about what I need to get there. If I put premium in when I arrive, will it screw up some of the computer settings and take awhile to "adjust" the timing etc. - therefore actually hurting my run times - or will it help? Should I just stick with regular gas?

I put this on the regular board 'cause it is a general "Performance" question and I hope to get some good advice before I leave work today. Does a stock Gen2 v8 ST run better on Premium?

Thanks

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless your engine calls for Premium and/or has higher compression, you're just wasting money and making your engine work harder to burn higher octane gas.

If you dont have a tuner, DONT waste your money.... Actually my 2010 set a CEl when i threw in 89 one day when the station was out of 87...

Todd Z

Todd,

What was the code?? I heve NEVER heard of or seen a vehicle set a code for using a different octane fuel so your statement has grabbed my attention.