Power Tailgate Lock for the '07 ST ?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyB

Reaction score
I have searched and found mainly what to get ofr the '01 to '05 ST's.

Does anyone know what type or a model number of which Power Tailgate Lock will work on the '07 ST ? I know we have the same tailgate as the '04-'06 F150 Flairside.

Any recomendations?

I would think that the universal actuator will still work. May need to make a bracket or something like that....

Unless your looking for a direct bolt on kit...

Todd Z

Of course bolt on is always easiest but if there is not one available then the universal actuator will have to do. Which universal actuator are people here using?

I guess for $10 its worth it to do the extra work of figuring out the mounting and wiring instead of paying alot more for a bolt on.

Go to JCWhitney. The tailgate is off the F150 flairside, so yes a F150 will work. Used this one on my 2003 and will be ordering for my new '07 trac.

earlySport Trac models (2001-2005) use the same tailgate as the F150 from 2003 and earlier, while the 2007 Sport Trac use the same tailgate as the 2004 and later F150 Fleetsides.

...Rich

Jeff, looks like the power lock on Whitney's page indicates '87-'96 F-Series...will it still work on the new 07 TG?

I installed it on the 2003 Trac I had with no issue. I am assuming it will since the lock looks very similar. I plan on buying and seeing if it does. I will post when I do.

Thanks,

Jeff

2007 ST

I installed the Power tailgate I got off of eBay, it is basically the Dyno Lock Power Tailgate Lock.

I didnt like the way they were installing it. Instead of moving the lock mechanism from the locked to unlocked position it was pushing a pin out to stop the tailgate handle from pulling out and releasing the tailgate. I installed it my own way at a different position. I didnt use their bracket and I made (bent) my own piece to move the lock mechanism from locked to unlocked. I am happy they way it came out.

The main reason for this post is to tell anyone else who is installing this about the wires. The other project is from a 2004 ST and the colors are different. Also I called the phone nuber the instructions and talked to a very nice guy named Jim at Dyno Lock who told me what color wires to use. He said to use the pink and something & the red/black wires. Those wires were NOT anywhere in the entire harness. There were no pink wires at all and no red wires either, although there were a few wires with a red stripe but none that were red/black.

I found the wires in the B Pillar on the plug for the drivers side back door. It is a 14 pin plug that has 9 wires in it. The wires needed were:

Pin # 6: Grey / Black Stripe

&

Pin # 13: Purple / Grey Stripe.

I will also post this to another thread for people who may do a search for this info.

Latest posts